Aim of the policy:
to prevent any unfair dismissal and make sure any dismissal is being managed by upholding the highest professional standards.
The Syrian Association might need sometimes to sadly end the volunteering contract with volunteers. If this happened, the volunteer will be given a notice period and experience letter. The termination could happen only when there is a valid reason such as:
- Termination due to unsatisfactory performance
- Termination due to bad attitude or serious misconduct.
If the Line Manager has a valid reason to terminate the volunteer, they should follow the steps below:
- First step: the line manager should give him a verbal warning about this reason.
- Second step: issuing a written warning (by email or by workplace).
- Third step: informing HR about termination request.
- HR will communicate with all parties and make sure that the manager has done the above steps and hearing form the employee also.
- All terminations decisions must be coordinated and approved between Direct Manager and HR Manager and Managing Director
- HR Manager will communicate the termination decision to the volunteer and advise termination reasons and send a Notice of Termination to the volunteer.
Appeal against the decision:
Volunteers can ask the management committee to review the decision if he/she wants. The result of management committee Voting will be final.